Friday, September 25, 2009

You meet the nicest people on a Honda


This is the background on this project bike. In the summer of 2003 I was in Sturgis, SD for the annual rally. I was working for a custom motorcycle manufacturer who was displaying at the event. While we had a tractor trailer full of shiny new choppersbut I found myself without a bike to ride in a town that was bumper-to-bumper traffic. So I did what any red-blooded hard-core biker would do... I bought a Honda CB200 to ride around town all week.

I picked up this little beauty for $1200. The same number of miles on the ODO. It was a one-owner, stored in a garage, all original and recently serviced gem. I bought it from a dealer (Biker Bob) who was there working our display.

The most fun I had all week was waiving to people and getting the thumbs-up all over town. It seems everyone has owned or ridden a small Honda in their riding career. (Me too, my first bike was a Honda mini-trail I rode all over the neighborhood.)

I brought the CB200 home from Sturgis, rode it around the neighborhood a couple times, let my 15 year old son tear up the street on it and land it in the neighbors hedge and then I parked it in my garage for six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment